Get Race Ready With Tesco
• 500g pack root vegetable chips
• 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
• 395g Boswell Farms thin cut beef steaks
• 80g bag watercress, spinach and rocket
For the salsa verde:
• 30g pack flat-leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped
• 30g pack basil, leaves finely chopped
• 1 tbsp capers, finely chopped
• 6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• ½ lemon, juiced
• 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Drizzle the vegetable chips with the oil; season and toss to coat. Bake for 40 mins or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix the salsa verde ingredients in a bowl with 1 tbsp warm water. Set aside.
- Put the steaks on a chopping board and cover with cling film. Bash with a rolling pin until they’re 5mm thick, then cut each steak in half.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Brush the steaks on both sides with a little oil; season. Fry in batches for 45 secs-1 min each side until cooked. Divide between 4 plates, spoon over the salsa verde and serve with the root vegetable chips, salad and a little black pepper.