- Peel and finely slice the onions and garlic, then place in a large non-stick
frying pan on a medium heat with 1 tsp of oil. Sprinkle over the cumin
and cook for 5 mins, or until the onions have softened slightly, stirring
- Deseed and finely slice the peppers, add to the pan and cook for 10-15
mins, or until soft and sticky.
- Tip in the tinned tomatoes, along with 1 tin’s worth of water, breaking
the tomatoes up with a wooden spoon. Season with a little sea salt
and black pepper, give everything a good stir, then turn the heat down
to low and leave to bubble away for 10 mins or until thickened and
- Spread the veg sauce out evenly in the pan, then use the back of a
spoon to push and dig out 4 little pockets. Crack an egg into each one,
then cover with a lid or tin foil and cook for 3-5 mins, or until the whites
are set but the yolks are still runny (cook for longer, if you prefer).
- Pick and roughly chop the parsley, then scatter over the dish, and dollop
over the yogurt. Delicious served with toast or flatbreads for mopping
up the juices