Get Race Ready With Tesco
• 130g pack diced chorizo
• 1½ tbsp olive oil
• 350g pack broccoli, cut into small florets, stalk trimmed and roughly chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• ½ tsp crushed chillies
• 300g penne
• 50g crusty bread or ciabatta, blitzed to breadcrumbs in a food processor
• 1 tbsp pine nuts
• 1 lemon, zested and juiced
• 15g Parmesan, finely grated
- Heat a large, lidded non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and dry-fry for 2-3 mins until it begins to release its fat, then cook for a further 1 min until turning crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper; set aside. Wipe the pan clean.
- Return the pan to the heat, add 1 tbsp oil and the broccoli; increase the heat to high. Stir-fry for 4-5 mins until lightly charred all over but still quite firm, then reduce the heat to low. Add the garlic,crushe
chillies and 4 tbsp water; cover and cook gently for 3-4 mins until tender. Stir in the chorizo and remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta to pack instructions. Drain well, reserving about 6 tbsp of the cooking water.
- Heat the remaining ½ tbsp oil in a separate non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and pine nuts and cook, stirring, for 5 mins until beginning to turn golden. Stir in the lemon zest and Parmesan, and season with black pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to the broccoli, along with the lemon juice and reserved cooking water. Toss everything together for 2 mins over a low heat until a light sauce forms, then divide between 4 bowls and serve sprinkled with the pine nut and lemon crumbs.
- Make this dish a little cheaper by swapping the pine nuts for sunflower seeds or leave them out entirely.