Get Race Ready With Tesco
• Knob of butter
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 650g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
• 1 potato, peeled and chopped
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 1 vegetable stockpot, made with 1ltr hot water
• 4 bake-at-home petit pains, to serve
• 30g pack fresh coriander
• 4 tbsp single cream
• ½ tsp paprika
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 mins until soft. Add the carrots, potato, and ground coriander and some seasoning, and mix well.
- Pour the stock over the vegetables. Stir to coat and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30-35 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven following the petit pains pack instructions. Bake for the last 8-10 mins of the soup’s cooking time, then remove the soup from the heat.
- Add two-thirds of the coriander leaves and stalks to the soup, then blend until smooth using a hand blender. Roughly chop the remaining coriander leaves.
- Divide the soup between 4 bowls and swirl 1 tbsp cream into each. Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves, a sprinkling of paprika and a twist of black pepper. Serve immediately with the warm petit pains alongside.
- Little Help: Add a bit of crunch to your soup by sprinkling toasted pumpkin seeds on top to serve.